Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fast-Foward

Why can't life be like movies?
Alternate endings, life lessons, and even story book romances
Instead, I'm in this life that is sometimes unfair

I look at what this world is coming to
People killing someone for money
Or a mother killing her child because she wants to be young again

Why can't life be like TiVo?
Pause at the good moments, and fast-foward through the bad
Laugh at the funny moments, and cry at the sad

I think about the day I die
And I shiver with chill bumps
A life without smiling, or tears for every lesson that I've learned

Sometimes I wish I could fast-foward through my life
Just like TiVo, I could see what my future holds
Will I be success, and accomplish everything I dream of?
Will I find that special someone who completes me as much as I complete them?

Only life can tell what your future holds
You can't fast-foward through your life, as much as you wish you could
You must live life and learn from your mistakes instead of giving up, and just fast-fowarding your life away

No comments: